What’s special about these Japanese Snips Onoyoshi TJ004:
- Meant for small tasks such as flower picking and delicate branch prunning
- Made by traditional methods in a Onoyoshi Hamono forge in Ono, Japan
- Smooth operation, made in hard and edge retaining steel
- Ergonomic traditional shape handles with a chunky catch at the bottom
- Sold with a spare spring
- Well suited as a gift – packed in a carton box decorated with Japanese Caligraphy
- Secateur is best sharpened with a general 1000# Japanese waterstone
- If you take good care of it these snips will last a lifetime
- Length: 180mm
- Edge Length: 50mm
- Weight: 200 g
Drop forged Japanese Snips distinguish themselves with ergonomic design, smooth operation, extremely good edge retention and timeless design.
It is however made from traditional carbon steel, very hard but also brittle (more brittle than most people are used to) and rusting. Therefore take good care of this tool, don’t abuse it by cutting wires and such, as well as keeping the tool clean after use and wiping down with camelia oil ocasionally. We offer a Steel Maintenance Package great for all Japanese edge tools.