What’s special about these Japanese Pruning Shears Onoyoshi TJ043:
- Meant for pruning and shaping of various hedges and bushes
- Made by traditional methods in a Onoyoshi Hamono forge in Ono, Japan
- Smooth operation, made in hard and edge retaining steel
- Ergonomic traditional shape handles with a chunky catch at the bottom
- Sold with a spare spring
- Well suited as a gift – packed in a carton box decorated with Japanese Caligraphy
- These pruning shears best sharpened with a general 1000# Japanese waterstone
- If you take good care of these pruning shears they will last a lifetime!
- Length: 270mm
- Edge Length: 110mm
- Weight: 350 g
Drop forged Japanese Pruning Shears distinguish themselves with ergonomic design, smooth operation, extremely good edge retention and timeless design.
They are however made from traditional carbon steel, very hard but also brittle (more brittle than most people are used to) and rusting. Therefore take good care of this tool, don’t abuse it by cutting wires and such, as well as keeping the tool clean after use and wiping down with camelia oil occasionally. We offer a Steel Maintenance Package great for all Japanese edge tools.