What makes Yanagiba Knife special?
- Handmade in Miki, Japan, a town with an old smith’s tradition at a Miki Hamono forge.
- Double layered blade (softer steel sandwiched around the hard steel core) makes for an easier sharpening.
- Japanese blue paper steel Ao Gami#2 blade high in carbon.
- Magnolia wood handle (unfinished).
- Single beveled blade for precision slicing.
- Perfect as a gift, comes in a Japanese calligraphy ornamented box.
- Blade hardness : 60±1 HRC scale
- Overall length is 380mm
- Blade length 210mm
NOTICE: The blade is made of rusting steel therefore it is essential to wipe it dry and coat it in oil after washing (Camellia oil is prefect for coating).