What makes Kodeba Houcho Knife special?
- The most affordable Japanese handmade knife!
- Handmade in Miki, Japan, a town with an old smithing tradition at a Ikeuchi Hamono forge.
- Double layered blade (softer steel sandwiched around the hard steel core) makes for an easier sharpening.
- Japanese blue paper steel Ao Gami#2 blade high in carbon.
- Traditional shape Magnolia wood handle (unfinished).
- Single bevel blade for precision slicing.
- Perfect as a gift, comes in a Japanese calligraphy ornamented box.
- Blade hardness : 60±1 HRC scale
- Overall length is 240mm
- Blade length 120mm
NOTICE: The blade is made of rusting steel therefore it is essential to wipe it dry and coat it in oil after washing (Camellia oil is prefect for coating).