What makes Yanagiba Houcho Knife special?
- The most affordable Japanese handmade knife!
- Handmade in Miki, Japan, a town with an old smithing tradition at a Ikeuchi Hamono forge.
- Double layered blade (softer steel sandwiched around the hard steel core) makes for an easier sharpening.
- Japanese blue paper steel Ao Gami#2 blade high in carbon.
- Traditional shape Magnolia wood handle (unfinished).
- Single bevel blade for precision slicing.
- Perfect as a gift, comes in a Japanese calligraphy ornamented box.
- Blade hardness : 60±1 HRC scale
- Overall length is 275mm
- Blade length 150mm
NOTICE: The blade is made of rusting steel therefore it is essential to wipe it dry and coat it in oil after washing (Camellia oil is prefect for coating).
Made in Japan